CHALMERS PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Coordinator of Outreach & Vacation Bible Camp Job Description
Chalmers Presbyterian Church’s vision is to become…”a vibrant church celebrating its diversity, passionately serving the surrounding community and inspiring people of all ages to live their Christian faith.”
Reporting to the Minister and working with church staff and volunteers, the Coordinator of Outreach & Vacation Bible Camp (“Coordinator) is accountable for helping to build an enhanced positive presence in the community and strengthening Chalmers’ focus on children and youth. This will involve creating awareness in the community of the worship and ministries of Chalmers Presbyterian Church; the planning, organizing and execution of the Vacation Bible Camp (July 11-15); leading activities for children and youth on Sunday mornings; and providing leadership for the Summer Community Fair.
- In consultation with the Outreach Committee, create a sustainable plan to increase awareness in the community of the worship and ministries of Chalmers Presbyterian Church, with a specific focus on children and their families
- Assist with the initial stages of the implementation of the outreach plan
- Working with the Outreach Committee, provide leadership for the one day Summer Community Fair (Summerfest)
- Plan, lead and organize additional outreach activities for children, youth and families (an example might be an outdoor basketball tournament).
- Work with the VBC team to organize and execute a Vacation Bible Camp (VBC) for children in the area, regardless of their religious affiliation
- Ensure that key leadership positions for areas such as music, games, registration, snacks are filled by capable and responsible leaders with the appropriate gifts
- Oversee the publicity and promotion for the VBC
- Monitor the VBC budget, staying within the approved VBC budget
- Undertake training of VBC participants to ensure that all safety procedures are followed and that the leaders and volunteers adhere to the Leading With Care Principles
- At the conclusion of VBC, follow up with all VBC participants and their families for their input and feedback
- Prepare the final VBC report
- Working with the Church School Coordinator to plan and lead Sunday morning activities for children and youth.
- Prepare a summary report at the end of the contract describing the job duties, evaluating the projects, and measuring results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Effective communicator with good written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills, building relationships with both the community and Chalmers staff and volunteers
- Completion of secondary school and returning to school in the fall (community college or university)
- Previous experience in a leadership role in a camp, day camp, or other organized children’s programming is an asset
- Valid first aid certificate
- Must possess a vulnerable person record check
$12.00 PER HOUR
HOURS OF WORK:
30 HOURS PER WEEK
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Yvonne Daniel.